Claude LeCoq published his first book, The Soft Lawn, in 1916 while still attending Princeton University. A controversial portrait of adolescent upper-class rebellion in New England, the coming-of-age story follows Hampton Perry, a charmingly snotty college tennis champ who, after years of having everything handed to him on a silver platter, finds himself handing it all back.
A little known fact about the author: Claude LeCoq wore only seersucker suits, known in that era as the wardrobe of the poor, and it was his gallant presence at high society dinners and prestigious sporting events that brought the fabric into popularity among the affluent in the ’20s.
A great leisure fragrance, wear The Soft Lawn on weekends or anytime you wish it were the weekend.
- 50ml bottle
- Notes: Linden Blossom, Laurel & Ivy leaves, Vetiver, Oakmoss, Fresh Tennis Balls & Clay Court
- Like a good book, these scents are meant to inspire you
- Made in the USA
Your custom greeting card and beautiful gift will take a little time. Make sure to order this gift about 2 weeks ahead of your important occasion!
- This item ships directly from Imaginary Authors in Portland, OR.
- Item will be ready to ship in 5-7 business days. Note that the delivery date will vary depending on your shipping address and chosen shipping method.
- International orders may experience possible delays and take longer to arrive.